Old Buckenham Hall are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your visits to and use of this website
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us
2. Information about website visits
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browsers type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of the website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognize your computer when you visit our website and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
3. Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising our website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our school which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide other organizations with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
5. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password except when you log in to relevant areas of the website)
6. Policy amendment
7. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
8. Contact Us